- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act of Sri Lanka – 1948 upto 21 years of age.
- Children born in Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan parents, under 21 years of age. (even when they hold foreign passports)
The following nationals & categories are exempt from ETA Nationals.
Nationals of the following countries who visit Sri Lanka for a Short Visit up to 30 days are exempt from ETA,
- The Republic of Singapore.
- The Republic of Maldives.
- The Republic of Seychelles.
- Crew members of flight / ship
- Following category is exempt from ETA Processing Fee Children under 12 years of age
ETA can be obtained even before booking your ticket.
If you have applied for an ETA, you can inquire through this site to find out its current status. You will need to enter your Reference Number in order to make this inquiry. You can also contact our 24/7 dedicated ETA call centre on 0094 71 99 67 888.
ETA is not a pre-condition to board a flight/vessel to Sri Lanka.
If you do not possess electronic payment cards (credit cards/e-commerce enabled debit cards) that can be used to pay the ETA processing fee through this site, you may choose one of the alternative options. Follow this link for further details. (For more info…)
This site operates under the principles outlined in the Privacy Statement. Only the data required to process your application will be collected. It will be used only for this purpose. Data in your ETA application will be stored on our secured servers. Please see the Privacy Statement for more information. Privacy statement.
The payment gateway has been designed in accordance with the international standards.
American Express, Master and Visa cards only.
If you already possess a valid Residence Visa or Multiple Entry Visa, a fresh ETA application cannot be lodged until that visa expires or is cancelled.
ETA is valid for three months and a fresh ETA cannot be obtained using the same passport until that ETA expires. If you lose the passport which contains the valid ETA you may apply for a fresh ETA by paying the relevant fee again.